My name is Emma Preisler, CD (DTI) and I am a yoga teacher and birth and postpartum doula. I work with the body – the physical, emotional and energetic body and I seek to bring all the aspects of ourselves as beings together because I want to create centeredness, wholeness and healing on all the different levels that constitute us.
What lays the absolute foundation of my work is a belief in self knowledge as a path to healing and peace. Yoga offers the opportunity to observe the fluctuations of mind, body and spirit, while learning to meet all those fluctuations with non-attachment and equanimity. I believe that living with ease comes from the essence of present acceptance – learning to simply observe what is, rather than rejecting what we feel, who we are or our response to things we go through. It is not just a key to healing, but a path towards deep and profound self-knowledge.
These same tools serve us during pregnancy, birth and postpartum, which are unique in their immediate demand for inner fluidity. My birth work is extensively influenced by my commitment to the Hatha Yoga tradition and always begins with the connection of body, mind and breath. I believe that a person who has an understanding of their own body is better set up for the challenges of pregnancy and birth through a greater readiness to listen to their own body, respect it and support themselves. Because the support one can offer oneself, truly trusting one’s body and spirit, is the most important support one can get on this journey. I am there to guide my clients back to that knowledge again and again and to the place of eternal bodily wisdom and strength that is within us, even if we do not know or believe it at first.
Whether I’m working with a parent to be, private yoga clients or one my group classes, I see myself as a space holder, intuitively channelling what is needed in order for barriers that hold us back from our truth, to be removed and for us to open up to the present with awareness, acceptance and trust.
- 2021 – Obtaining the Lactation Counsellor Certification (CLC) with CBI (Childbirth International).
- 2019 – Birth and Postpartum Doula Certification with DTI (Doula Trainings International).
- 2016-2019 – Pranayama and Hatha Yoga teacher Certification (RYT 500h), with specialisation in pre- and postnatal Hatha Yoga in the method Pranayoga with Hamsa School of Yoga.
- 2013-2016 – Bachelor of Arts in European Ethnology and Gender studies at Humboldt Universität zu Berlin.
- 2015-2017 – Training in Japanese healing art Zen Shiatsu at ESI (Europäisches Institut für Shiatsu).
- 2016 – Ten day Vipassana Course.
- 2015 – 15 days studies of Asana and Satsang at Sivananda Ashram.
Continuous studies of the methods and teachings of Sarah Powers, Spinning Babies®, Evidence Based Birth®, Magamama and of the Buddhist lineages of Zen, Vipassana and Metta, as well as Hindu and Bhakti traditions.
© 2021 Emma Preisler ALL RIGHTS RESERVED